We are proud to offer a showcase for ECS students’ selected, reviewed work.
Our objective is to support and promote the ECSDN student voice and showcase students' engagement wth contemporary childhood and children's workforce issues.
Call for Student Papers
Early Childhood Studies Degrees Network: Student Publishing Opportunity:
10th Call for Student Papers: June 2021
Deadline for submission is Monday 12th July 2021
Objective: To support and promote the ECSDN student voice and showcase students’ engagement with contemporary childhood and children’s workforce issues.
Please download the instructions and submission sheet from the buttons below
- Alexandra Wilson: Improving young children’s language development
- Charlotte Rose Allison: International Perspectives of Outdoor Play: what are practitioner perspectives on early years outdoor play and Forest School provision in the UK, Canada and New Zealand?
- Cheryl Anne Evans: Supporting language and literacy in the early years
- Claire Walsh: Covid 19 - Safeguarding within Early Years Practice
- Jade Hicks: The importance of storytelling when supporting children’s language development
- Kate Smith: Ethical vegan educators: holding a vegan belief system in a non-vegan school culture
- Kelly Blenkinsop-Clarke: How active storytelling can promote and develop essential language and literacy skills
- Lauren Lewis: The importance of storytelling in supporting children’s language and literacy in the early years.
- Mikki Barrett: Critical Analysis of Globalisation within Early Childhood Education and Care
- Rebecca Stevens: “There’s no time for a story today”: Why time should always be made for storytelling
- Rhian Evans: How Shared Stories May Promote Children’s Early Literacy and Language Development in a Digital Era
- Ruby McLellan: How the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the issues of domestic violence and child abuse
- Sarah Evans: Importance of storytelling
- Sinead John: Storytelling - The Importance of Storytelling on Early Childhood Literacy and Language Development
- Stacy Lister: An in-setting display and how it promotes play based learning
- Hannah Dray: What could influence a child’s ability to thrive in a diverse society?
- Jennifer Stanley: Working with children in poverty: A guide for new Early Years Practitioners
- Katie Azad: Should early childhood practitioners be prioritising children’s creativity?
- Katie Durrant: The Impact of War, Conflict and Political Violence on Children and their Families
- Laura Stinson: Parents Involvement in their Children’s Learning
- Lauren Emery: What does Neuroscience offer ECEC practitioners' in supporting children with emotion regulation?
- Lydia Dykes: Raising understanding of Islamophobia in Early Years settings
- Marie Ray-Trotter: A reflection on the use of songs in the teaching of English as a foreign language to young learners
- Nia Rebecca Williams: Examining the marginalisation and stigma encountered by LGB parents and young children
- Aurora Lastrico Costa: Reflection on an aspect of practice/ the role of the student practitioner
- Faizah Mulla: Working together with children and families in the community
- Jeanette Sykes: Nature Deficit Disorder; What do four-year olds think about nature?
- Kym Goddard: Exploring Reception Children’s Epistemic Insight (EI): A Small-Scale Case Study
- Niamh Walby: Using observations and interviews to investigate whether children’s communication and social communication through play differed within the indoor and outdoor environment
- Rachael Summerscales: Educating from the care perspective: exposing the tensions between maternalism and early education expectations in key person relationships
- Theodora Ohemeng-Mensah: Reflection on an aspect of practice / the role of the student: Building positive relationships in early years settings
- Tuesday Gayden: Marriage should be abolished in favour of civil partnerships?
- Tess Barrows: Gender
- Catherine Birchal: Inclusion in Mainstream Primary Schools for Children with ASD
- Thomas Chambers: An exploration of Peru’s education system within a global context
- Lauren Edwards: What are we really preparing children for?
- Beth Wilkinson: Makaton in Early Years
- Arianna Ribis: Can disabilities influence a child’s ability to thrive in a diverse society
- Natasha Heaney & Rebecca McBride: Gender Inequality in Relation to Global Disparities and Unequal Childhoods
- Lucy Benford: Children as Learners - Schemas
- Hannah Dray: Reflection
- Viktorie Luzova: Bilingualism
- Anna Buchanan van Doorn: Leading practice underpinned by research; a practical example
- Anastasia Karagiannidou: Reflection
- Clare Hinde: Reflection on practice
- Faye Tanner: The Role of the Practitioner in in Safeguarding
- Rachel Iles: An analysis of Quality Assurance models
- Emma Hewitt: An exploration of the relationship between schema and language
- Rachna Joshi: Exploring Froebelian Legacy
- Chloe Storr: LGBT Inclusion in the Early Years
- Sam Sheath: A Cross Cultural Analysis Examining Bed Sharing Practices
- Zara Khan: How can sign language be implemented into mainstream schools to promote inclusion?
- Liona Elliott: Analytic Commentary – Nonsense Play
- Lydia Mountcastle: Effective Leadership in Early Childhood Settings
- Faye Harvey: An Investigation into Children’s Transition from Reception to Year 1
- Katie McKinney: Contesting Childhood Essay
- Amy Stevens: Contemporary Perspective of the Outdoor Learning Area in Year One
- Ingrid Miller: How are Children with Diabetes Supported in Primary Education: a Teacher/Parent Perspective
- Rochelle Felix: Exploring Ghanaian Children’s Perception of Friendship
- Maxime Perrott: The Features of Modern Childhood
- Lynne Hill: Considering the Use of Children's Books and Digital Media to Support Emerging Literacies within an Early Years Setting
- Kristen Stead: The Manipulation of Play by Society is Constraining the Power of Play to Empower
- Charlotte Hunt: A Reflection on your Professional Development
- Simmran Singh: Developing Leadership in the Early Years
- Dane Pollard: Can Technology Revolutionise Pedagogy in the Early Years?
- Pollyanna Whitehead: Report on Research Findings - An Evaluation and Analysis of Family Service Provision
- Verity Brown: Animal Assisted Intervention - What is the Impact on Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their Social Development?
- Marianne Adams: Reflection on an Aspect of Practice / The Role of the Student Practitioner