- This event has passed.
ECSDN Research Day Conference 2019 – 25 Years of the Early Childhood Studies Degrees Network
25 January 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm UTC+0
Early Childhood Studies Degree Network Research Day Conference
Focus: Critical Perspectives in Early Childhood Education and Care – Looking Forward to the Next 25 Years.
This conference is part of the 25 year anniversary celebrations of the Early Childhood Studies Degrees Network. It is open to institutions who offer Early Childhood Studies degrees
Following the success of last year’s conference, we are pleased to extend the conference to accommodate up to 60 delegates. There will be parallel sessions to increase the number of presentations and offer a choice to delegates (subject to numbers of abstracts accepted). The conference is open to non-members and students.
Call for Papers
Presenters could include staff and students whose institutions are members of the Early Childhood Studies Degrees Network, or staff from non-institutional members.
We welcome individual paper submissions and this is open call for papers which are located in the field of Early Childhood Education and Care; this can include empirical research or a position/discussion piece. Individual papers will be allotted a 15 minute slot, with five minutes for questions. Papers will be grouped together by theme if appropriate.
Criteria for selection of papers:
- Clarity of the research/position/discussion focus
- Originality of the research/position/discussion
- Significance of the research for Early Childhood Education and Care
Delegate Bookings & Fees
ECSDN Institutional Members: £50.00
Students to ECSDN Institutional Members: £25.00
Submission of Papers
We take your privacy seriously. The information you provide on the application forms will be held on a database to process the confirmation of your place. This database is for the sole use of the Early Childhood Studies Degree Network and your information is not shared with any other parties.
Please Note / Terms and Conditions:
- Please complete all fields on the form; if no details are provided in the Dietary or Additional Needs Fields, we will assume that the answer is ‘None’.
- Email completed application forms to: Juls@EYMatters.co.uk
- By completing and returning an application, we assume that you agree to the terms and conditions as laid out on this booking form.
- Applications must be received no later than Friday 4th January 2019.
- On receipt of your application we will send email confirmation that it has been received.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis; we therefore recommend that you book your place as soon as possible.
- Please note that your place will not be confirmed until we receive payment. Once payment has been received, we will send you, via email, confirmation of your booked place.
- Payment of fees must be by cheque or BACS.
- Payments must be received by Friday 11th January 2019
- We reserve the right to reallocate the space you have reserved if payment is not received by the payment deadline as detailed below.
- Further details will be communicated to delegates once the programme is confirmed.
- Any queries relating to your booking, should be in the first instance directed to: Juliette Davies –Juls@EYMatters.co.uk
- Full catering will be provided throughout the day, so it is essential that you provide us details of any dietary requirements, so we can address with the venue.
- Additional needs: this refers to any special arrangements we may need to consider to facilitate your attendance such as mobility or access requirements.