Early Years Employment Opportunities in Germany
Job opportunities at our bilingual day care centres in Germany
Are you itching to leave the country and explore new horizons, without giving up on financial security? Have you always dreamed of finding out more about early years in other countries and don’t yet have employment secured after graduating?
At our day care centres across Germany, we, pme familienservice group, are offering university graduates the security of a full-time contract and the opportunity to gain work experience in the field of early years education in an international environment.
What does pme familienservice group have to offer?
- Full-time contract (40h per week)
- Employment as an English-speaker in our bilingual baby and toddler- or mixed age groups
- Introductory courses for new employees
- Shared accommodation with other graduates
- Extras: monthly transport pass; free freshly-cooked meals and free drinks; gym membership card, weekly yoga classes
- Possibility to extend your yearly contract and participate in numerous training courses nationwide and expand your skills and areas of expertise
- Support when you first arrive, helping you with all administrative tasks such as opening a bank account, exploring the city, registering with local authorities, etc.
- We will pay for your German course
- Payment for and support with the accreditation of your degree in Germany
- A fun and dynamic, cross-cultural team with a broad spectrum in terms of age and professional backgrounds
What do we expect from you?
- A completed BA in Early Childhood Studies
- Practical experience working with children
- Interest in gaining experience in the field of education in a foreign country and learning new methodological approaches
- A team player who can enhance the group with academic knowledge and creative, innovative ideas
- Openness to the immersion method and cultural awareness
- Willingness to learn German and get to know our pedagogical approach
- A current Garda Vetting
- Previous knowledge on operation of macbook and iPad as well as general tech-savviness are advantageous
Who we are
On behalf of more than 900 companies, public authorities and other organisations, pme Familienservice group assists employees in combining work and family, so they are free to concentrate on their work. This also helps maintain better efficiency and employee health overall.
Our services range from individual care solutions for children and care-dependent family members to crisis consultation in cases of burnout, traumatic events or relationship problems and childcare capacities in more than 60 childcare and training facilities.
pme Familienservice group has more than 70 offices and centres in Germany and the Czech Republic and employs over 1900 staff members. Additionally there are numerous employees in branches we cooperate with in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In our day-care centres, nurseries and kindergartens, we comprehensively prepare children for life – and school - in a manner that is appropriate to their age. We look at and listen carefully to what they can do and what they are interested in and support them in their further development. We see the children as researchers and explorers and offer them many opportunities to explore their environment. We are open-minded and reliable companions for them, who ensure that every child feels safe and secure with us.
We offer a wide range of activities for the children, such as arts, crafts, experimenting and researching, animal assisted education, movement and music, Emmi Pikler pedagogy, building and constructing etc. at our facilities. Festivals and seasons are celebrated together, we go on outings and have all our meal times together.
The bilingual work is implemented through English Speakers in every group. During the day, all team members share equal responsibility for all of the tasks involved (activities with the children, attending meetings and training courses, recording the children’s learning progress, parent meetings etc.) In each group there are 3-4 teachers for about 10 children in baby- and toddler groups and 20 children in mixed age groups.
If this appeals to you, please get in touch with me for further details:
We look forward to hearing from you!