Early Years is an important part of the Department of Education in the School of Life Sciences and Education at Staffordshire University.
Staffordshire University are seeking an External Examiner from September 2019 for the following full-time programmes;
BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies
BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies with Early Years Teacher Status (one year left)
From September 2019 the programmes will incorporate the Early Childhood Graduate Practitioner Competencies and therefore Examiners require a well-developed knowledge of early childhood and SEND. Please contact Ruth Hudson-Gill, email@example.com for further details and to send your CV for consideration. Please submit your CV no later than 28th January.
The Department also requires an External Examiner from September 2019 for;
BA (hons) Primary (3-7/5-11)
Those interested will need an Early Years/Primary trained background and where possible experience of examining Teacher Training programmes. Feel free to circulate this to colleagues in your departments. Contact Mike Burnitt, Michael.Burnitt@staffs.ac.uk for further details and to send your CV for consideration. Please submit your CV no later than 28th January.
Those appointed will be expected to moderate assessed work digitally and occasionally hard copy portfolios. Digital training on moderation will be provided along with University Examiner induction training. Attendance at assessment boards each year is required, and an annual report submitted no later than 4 weeks after the board meet. All CVs are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
The University of Suffolk is seeking External Examiners in the following subjects:
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Ba (Hons) Childhood and Family Studies
- MA Childhood
Applicants should have appropriate expertise to take the role in the assurance of academic standards, a well-developed knowledge of childhood and/or family studies is essential. The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within these courses. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend assessment boards as appropriate. The duration of these roles will be for 3 years.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to the appropriate Course Leaders identified below.
All CVs are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK visas and immigration requirements.
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies: Dr Sarah coombs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA (Hons) Childhood and Family Studies: Dr Sarah coombs at email@example.com
- MA Childhood firstname.lastname@example.org
General Roles and responsibilities
- External examiners are an essential element of our quality assurance processes, providing external assurance that assessment processes are completed according to our policies and procedures, and that the academic standards employed in assessment are aligned with appropriate national benchmarks and professional expectations. They are also a means by which opportunities for enhancement can be highlighted and good and innovative practice be identified for dissemination and wider application.
- Course teams are expected to work collaboratively with their external examiner(s) to provide access to materials for inspection and approval, to arrange for visits and attendance at Assessment Boards, and to address emergent issues and seek to enhance course provision. Roles and responsibilities
University of East London
External Adviser vacancy for Re validation process for two programmes, Early Childhood Studies and Early Childhood Studies and Special Needs
If interested please send your CV to Rebecca Crutchley email@example.com
London Metropolitan University
The Early Childhood studies course is looking for an External Examiner for our MA in Early Childhood Studies course starting from 18/19
please respond directly to Berhane Dory B.Dory@londonmet.ac.uk